Another Sunset from the Burlington Waterfront

Another Sunset from the Burlington Waterfront

The post Another Sunset from the Burlington Waterfront appeared first on Scenic Vermont Photography..

Summer at Harris Hill Ski Jump in Brattleboro

Summer at Harris Hill Ski Jump in Brattleboro

I get this strange feeling that if you slapped on a pair of skis and went for a run, things could get ugly real fast.

Harris Hill Ski Jump is a ski jump in Brattleboro VT. The event hosts annual ski jumping competitions. The original jump was built in 1922, and was closed for renovation in 2005. The jump was reopened in 2009 after a $600,000 renovation

 

The post Summer at Harris Hill Ski Jump in Brattleboro appeared first on Scenic Vermont Photography..

At the Shelburne Farms

At the Shelburne Farms

The post At the Shelburne Farms appeared first on Scenic Vermont Photography..

Scribner Covered Bridge in Johnson

Scribner Covered Bridge in Johnson

The Scribner Covered Bridge stands in a rural area of eastern Johnson, carrying Rocky Road across the Gihon River between Vermont Route 100C and Sinclair Road. It is a single-span queen post truss, 48 feet (15 m) long and 17.5 feet (5.3 m) wide, with a roadway width of 13.5 feet (4.1 m) (one lane). It is covered by a gabled metal roof, and its exterior is clad in vertical board siding, which extends around to the insides of the portals. On the sides, the siding ends short of the roof, leaving an open strip. The bridge rests on concrete abutments that date to 1960. The trusses are unusually short and lack internal bracing, and their corner joints have been reinforced with metal plates.

The post Scribner Covered Bridge in Johnson appeared first on Scenic Vermont Photography..

The Meeting House at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne

The Meeting House at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne

The Meeting House was built in 1840 for a Methodist congregation in Charlotte, Vermont. The building’s triangular pediment is distinctive of the Greek Revival style, and the plainness of its exterior is typical of New England Protestant architecture. Inside, however, are an elaborately carved working organ and fascinating trompe l’oeil (“fool-the-eye”) murals.

The building became the home for an amateur theatrical group in 1899 and then was used as a library after 1902. After a heavy windstorm damaged the building, it was moved to the Museum in 1952 for preservation.

 

The post The Meeting House at the Shelburne Museum in Shelburne appeared first on Scenic Vermont Photography..