The Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce and the retail business community are working together to promote the holiday season. Instead of focusing on one specific day or weekend, we will be viewing it as a season-long retail initiative coupled with our on-going buy local campaign. There are always a lot of events, activities and sales going on throughout the holiday season and the idea is to package them all under a single Holidays in the Mad River Valley promotion.
Here is preliminary draft of a new Holidays in the Mad RIver Valley web page that we can point to and share via our collective social media platforms, email marketing and public relations efforts. It will also enable our business community to leverage value with paid advertising opportunities.
These are the kinds of events that folks generally have planned anyway such as visits by Santa, gingerbread house competitions, caroling, sidewalk sales, Small Business Saturday and the like. The goal is to encourage innovation and celebrate all the things amazing things going on in every “neighborhood” in the MRV; Warren Village, Mad River Green, Village Square, Middlesex/Camp Mead and the mountains. By having this website as a framework that can be promoted collectively, event organizers can focus on developing the event, encouraging customer traffic and engaging in commerce. We also hope it will spur cooperation in coordinating events and activities in each of the “neighborhoods”.
So how can your business get involved?
- Let us know what events you have planned so they can be added into the mix.
- Work with the folks in your “neighborhood” to coordinate events that will draw traffic.
- Share Holidays in the Mad River Valley with your customers through your social media channels.
- Use the #mrvholidays and #shopmrv hashtags.
- Use the Mad River Valley logo in your holiday advertising.
- Let us know if you are interested in participating in print and/or radio cooperative advertising programs. If there is interest we can coordinate this effort. Potential ideas include paid social media ads and boosts, print and digital advertising with the Valley Reporter and Seven Days as well as radio spots on WDEV/Radio Vermont and perhaps, The Point. Don’t forget that when you ask folks to “buy local” it is vital that we also “buy local” when we think about advertising our businesses.
As you can see below there is already a solid foundation of activities and events. Here is a VERY rough draft of what is already on tap, these will all include direct links to each event.
Ongoing and Potential Country Christmas Events
Thanksgiving Market at The Round Barn– Thanksgiving Farmer’s Market
Sugarbush Opening Day
Waitsfield United Church of Christ Holiday Merry Market
Santa Visits Mad River Green Shopping Center
Santa Visits Mad River Glen
Mad River Chorale Holiday Concer
Moretown Artisan’s Sale
Sugar Bash at Sugarbush
Mad River Glen’s Opening Day
Valley Ski Week at Sugarbush
Family Gingerbread House Workshop
The post Gearing Up for the Holidays in the Mad River Valley appeared first on Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce.