Love is clearly in the air here in the Mad River Valley. If you are looking for a way to express your love to your partner this year the MRV has so many great options to consider and it’s another great opportunity to “Buy Local”and support our local business community! The gift of a local “experience”, a special meal at one of our amazing restaurants or a one-of-a-kind gift from a MRV retailer. Here are just a few suggestions to consider:
Flowers & Sweets
- Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without sweets and flowers. Vee’s Flower & Garden Shop can create the perfect bouquet for your sweetie. Order flowers by Thursday the 11th and you’ll also get a free single rose for your sweetheartor. You can also pop into the Mad River Taste Place and grab beautiful locally grown tulips from Von Trapp Flowers. Pop on down to Bridges Street and grab a bunch of super-fun Valentines Day cookies from The Sweet Spot.
A romantic dinner out (or take-out in) at one of our amazing eateries is the classic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Check out what the restaurants of the Mad River Valley have planned for the big night.
- Looking for a really unique dining experience? What could be more romantic than a special Valentine’s Day Pri Fixe Dinner at Tucker Hill Inn?
- Take your sweetie out for a Valentine’s Day Dinner at Sage Restaurant
Valentine’s can be a busy restaurant night so why not consider impressing your darling with a home-cooked meal and these fine MRV establishments are at your service:
- Kitchenen-ette offers fool proof meal kits that will make life wicked easy for you to serve up a special holiday feast.
- Fabulous fish can be had at Sugar Fish and Suzi and Bob would be happy to share some of their favorite recipes.
- The Mad River Taste Place is THE place to get (and taste) all the best local foods from many of our local makers.
- The Warren Store and Paradise Provisions havea wide array of great prepared meals and sides to make your special day complete. Don’t forget the East Warren Community Market, they have lots of amazing take-out options to choose from.
- Glassblowing class at Salt and Sand Studios.
- Glider ride gift certificates from Sugarbush Soaring can be life changing experience!
- Take a guided snowshoe adventure at Mad River Glen or an outdoor adventure with Country Mile Vermont or Umiak Outfitters.
- Give a gift certificate for a relaxing massage at Mad River Massage.
- Classes at Zoe’s Pilates
- Dog sled trail ride with October Siberian
- Trail ride from Vermont Icelandic Horse Farm is an amazing way to see the MRV.
- Classes at the Yestermorrow Design & Build School.
- Mountain Rose Yoga is always a welcome gift option with lots of options in their retail shop or gift scertificates for yoga sessions.
- Romantic getaway at one of the MRV’s fabulous Lodging Properties.
- Membership at Blockhouse Studio, the Valley’s community clay studio.
- Subscription to the Valley Reporter.
- Gift certificate to one of the MRV’s fine eateries would warm the heart of anyone.
- Ski or Snowboard lessons at Mad River Glen or Sugarbush.
- Cross Country ski pass to Blueberry Lake or Ole’s.
- A weaving, spinning or felting workshop at the Mad River Fiber Mill.
- A year-long subscription to all the productions at The Valley Players
- Nothing says love more than properly protecting your family’s home and auto with insurance from Jamieson’s Insurance or Paige & Campbell Insurance. 🙂
Other Local Gift Ideas
- Atelier 101, the MRV’s newest potter studio and ceramics gallery has a wide variety of gift ideas for the oe you love.
- Three Buds Apothecary has beautiful candles, essential oils, aroma therapy, botanical skin serum, bath salts and arousal oils, teh perfect Vamlentines’d Day gift idea.
- Artisan’s Gallery has lots of ideas for your sweetie such as; candles, cards and blown glass hearts along with cards, pillows, socks, special Valentine chocolates.
- 4orty Bridge offers a carefully curated collection of sophisticated and fun casual wear for the woman in your life.
- Outdoor gear for all season at Clearwater Sports.
- Mad River Taste Place is offering a Valentine’s packages to make you swoon. An indulgent treat for two, these cheeseboards-in-a-box include a hand-picked selection of three Vermont cheeses, cured salami from Babette’s Table, accompanying spread and crackers, and Burke Mountain Confectionery red velvet truffles for a sweet treat. Each package also includes a hand-illustrated lovegram by Mountain Witch Designs to scribe your personal love note.
- Coffee is always a great gift and lots of it is being roasted right here in the MRV. You can get a subscription of locally from KS Coffee or grab a pound from Awake Coffee. Can’t decide? Get a gift certificate at Three Mountain Cafe and let your loved on decide.
- Skis, boots, stylish apparel, toasty gloves, ski accessories, foot beds and more are available at Alpine Options.
- The Collection sees Valentine’s Day being more of a family celebration this year and there are gift ideas for everyone from jewelry and games to housewares and clothing. They also have tons of Valentines balloons and tabletop balloon bouquets too.
- Tools from Bisbees Hardware are always appreciated by the handy folks in your life.
- Lots of great gift ideas Upstairs at The Warren Store.
- Unique folk-art at Troy Kingsbury Lamp Loft at the Village Grocery. Yup you can buy art, grab lunch and get your gas all in the same place!
- Hand-painted gift of your pet created by Gaelic at All Things Bright and Beautiful.
- Green Closet Gift Certificates are perfect if you just don’t know what she’ll like.
- Curated Vermont gift baskets from the Mad River Taste Place.
- Product Think Tank has lots of great locally designed clothing for both men and women. Order Valentine’s goodies from The Taste Place get a “gift with purchase”, an Organic Cotton wired mask . These amazing locally produce masks ($20 retail value) are designed to go over an N95 so it’s easy (and stylish) to to double .
- Hand-blown and sculptural glass at Mad River Glass.
- Custom embroidery from Whippletree Designs. .Anyone who likes the Whippletree Designs Facebook or starts following on Instagram – Heidi will take contact information and one lucky winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate – to use immediately (for their Valentine) or as a gift certificate.
- Beautiful artwork from Art in the Village.
- Amazing original paintings or fine art photography from Moosewalk Studios.